[This is the accurate Articles of Incorporation as of March 25, 2018*]
Indonesian American Association, Inc.
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
Registered as a DC Nonprofit Corporation March 14, 2007
Registration number: 270750
EIN number: 20-8640455
We, the undersigned, natural persons, age of twenty-one years old or more, acting as incorporators of this Corporation, adopt the following Articles of Incorporation for such Corporation pursuant to the District of Columbia Nonprofit Corporation Act.
The name of the Corporation, which is hereafter called “Corporation”, is Indonesian-American Association.
The period of duration of this Corporation is perpetual.
The organization is formed and incorporated exclusively to promote social welfare, primarily to further the common good and general welfare of the people of the Indonesian-American community, such as by bringing about civic betterment and social improvements within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code. To this end, the Corporation shall:
- Empower Indonesian-Americans through various entrepreneurial programs, business counseling and involvement.
2. Engage in a community business such as co-operative and other collective business activities.
3. Advocate community interests and improve knowledge about laws and regulations through education, workshops/seminars, training and the like.
4. Engage in activities to voice community aspirations and concerns, such as: lobbying the decision makers, working together with other NGOs, and reaching out to stakeholders.
5. Receive and administer funds for such social and cultural activity purposes, all for the welfare of the public, and for no other purposes; and to that end (a) to take and hold, by bequest, devise, gift, purchase, or lease, either absolutely or in trust for any or all of such objects and purposes, any property, real, personal, or mixed, without limitation as to the amount of value, except such limitations, if any, as may be imposed by law; (b) to sell, convey, and dispose of any such property and to invest and reinvest the principal thereof, and to deal with and expend the income from any of the afore-mentioned, without limitation, except such limitations, if any, as may be contained in the instrument under which such property is received. The Corporation shall carry out these purposes with the provision that the Corporation shall not have nor exercise any power or authority not granted to it under the District of Columbia Non-profit Corporation Act, nor engage in any activities prohibited to an organization granted exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or any successor law or regulation.
No part of the net earnings of the Corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to members, directors, officers, or other private persons, except that the Corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in Article III hereof. No substantial part of the activities of the Corporation shall constitute the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, or any initiative or referendum before the public, and the Corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (Including by publication or distribution of statements), any political campaign on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for public office; and Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, the Corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, as now enacted or hereafter amended. The Corporation shall not lend any of its assets to any officer or director of this Corporation or guarantee to any person the payment of a loan by an officer or director of this Corporation.
The names and addresses of incorporators of the Corporation are:
Tonny Sumartono Sumarwoto, 6228 Clearwood Road, Bethesda, MD 20817
Dutamardin Umar, Essex Square, Sterling, VA 20164
Andri Antoni, 12117 Suffolk Terrace, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Irwansyah Soegondo, 14380 Sillo Valley View, Centrefield, VA 20120
Eddy Nugroho Sandjaja, 4911 Braddock Road, Temple Hills, MD 20748
Harry Yudhistira Tirtakusumah, 7564 Mandan Road, Greenbelt, MD 20770
Primadona W Rifai, 8613 Grant Street, Bethesda, MD 20817
Natindyas K Rachmat, 7042 Leewood Forest Drive, Springfield, VA 22151
Endang Isnaini Saptorini, 1400 South Joyce Street Apt 105, Arlington, VA 22202
The name of the Resident Agent of the Corporation in Washington DC is: Yan S. Wiramidjaja, 4615 River road, NW, Washington, DC 20016. Said resident is an individual over eighteen years of age and a resident of Washington DC.
The initial Board of Trustees of this Corporation is:
Tonny Sumartono Sumarwoto as Chairman of the Board
Dutamardin Umar as member of the Board
Andri Antoni as member of the Board
Irwansyah Soegondo as member of the Board
Eddy Nugroho Sandjaja as member of the Board
Harry Yudhistira Tirtakusumah as President of Corporation
Primadona W Rifai as Vice President of Corporation
Natindyas K Rachmat as Secretary of Corporation
Endang Isnaini Saptorini, as Treasurer of Corporation
The Board of Trustees shall serve until the annual meeting or until their successors are duly elected and certified. The number of Trustees, their manner of election or appointment, and their terms and qualifications for the office shall be as provided in the Bylaws of the Corporation.
The Corporation shall have voting* members as defined by the Bylaws. The management and affairs of the Corporation shall be at all times under the direction of a Board of Trustees, whose operations in governing the Corporation shall be defined by statute and by the Corporation’s Bylaws. No Trustee shall have any right, title, or interest in or to any property of the Corporation.
The Corporation is a non-profit organization. It shall have no capital stock and shall not be authorized to issue capital stock.
Upon the time of dissolution of the Corporation, assets shall be distributed by the Board of Trustees, after paying or making provisions for the payment of all debts, obligations, liabilities, costs and expenses of the Corporation, for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose. Any such assets not so disposed of shall be disposed of by a Court of Competent Jurisdiction of the county in which the principal office of the Corporation is then located, exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations, as said Court shall determine, as are organized and operated exclusively for such purposes.
# # #
* Formatting approved by the General Assembly on March 25, 2018.
* As amended in the General Meeting of XXXX, 2018.